This is an UNOFFICIAL build of Samsung Galaxy S Plus CyanogenMod 12.1 (GT-i9001), Android Lollipop 5.1.1.
Although the Galaxy S PLUS is a very old device but because of Christopher83, an XDA recognized developer, it is possible that the Galaxy S PLUS (GT-I9001) users worldwide can now enjoy the beauty of Android Lollipop with CyanogenMod.
Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your device, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. Please visit the Disclaimer page below to agree with the risks involved and proceed before flashing this ROM to your phone:
ROM Disclaimer link
– Video recording at 720p quality may cause a force close of Camera app, so it’s better to use 480p quality until this issue will be fixed
Because of the Android Lollipop ROM footprint and system requirements, the current partition scheme of Galaxy S plus had to be changed.
Also this rom has partition re-assignments and use internal sdcard partition as new data partition, while the internal sd card is now emulated and shares the available space of data partition.
For this reason all data on partitions will be lost.
Things needed for the Galaxy S Plus CyanogenMod 12.1 installation:
This ROM does not contain Google applications like Gmail, drive, maps etc. so download the below GApps zip package.
Google Apps download link
Installing Galaxy S Plus CyanogenMod 12.1:
– Make sure that you have an external SD card loaded to your phone.
– First of all copy all your internal phone data to your external SD card or a PC.
– Copy all your application data and settings to the external SD using Titanium backup or any other application.
– Perform a nandroid backup using your old CWM or TWRP custom recovery.
– After completing the above things head on to the following installation guide.
Copy the ROM and the new TWRP to the external SD card.
Reboot into the present recovery and install the new TWRP recovery zip package using your present recovery.
Reboot into the new recovery that you have installed now. (IMPORTANT)
Wipe Data as ext4 partition (Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select Data -> Repair or Change File System -> Change File System -> EXT4 -> Swipe)
Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache, System and Android Secure (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe)
Install the ROM and Gapps zip.
Reboot your phone to enjoy the ROOTed Android Lollipop, Galaxy S Plus CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM.
The first boot time will be longer as much as 30 minutes. Don’t think this as a boot loop.
So be sure that you have that much of battery backup and be patient.
Stay tuned to get more such updates