XOLO Q700 mobile phone features and review .
Key Features of XOLO Q700 :
- Quad Core 1.2 GHz Processor.
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.
- Inbuilt, special apps.
- Stunning 4.5″ inch display.
- 2400 mAh battery.
Hardware Specifications :
The XOLO Q700 is launched at a price of 9200 INR (flipkart.com price).
This phone targets the customer who need more features, big screen, good camera and better performance but financially they cannot afford high-end cell phones.
Literally XOLO is targeting the mid class customers in India market as Micromax and Karbonn do.
Now android has changed the era of mobile computing so much that one can expect so many good featured phoones at this price.
So lets see what we get out of this device.
Here goes the hardware specifications :
- DISPLAY: 4.5″, QHD 540×960, 245 PPI, 16 M, IPS One Glass Solution OGS, 5 fingers Multitouch input.
- CPU: MTK6589W-M 1.2 GHz, Quad-core ARM Cortex A7.
- RAM: 1 GB.
- STORAGE: 4 GB (2.6 GB user usable).
- GRAPHICS: PowerVR SGX544 running @ 156 MHz.
- CAMERA: 5 MP with BSI Sensor (Primary), VGA front camera.
- H/W INTERFACE: 1 microUSB 2.0 port, 3.5mm audio jack, Power lock button and the volume rocker buttons.
- NETWORKING INTERFACE: v2.0 High Speed, BT 3.0 HS, 802.11b/g/n wireless, 3G.
- BATTERY: 2400 mAh Lithium-Polymer.
Lets Start the review as what it looks outside :
- 4.5 inch display is quite larger and even handy to have it in your hands comfortably.
- The qHD 540×960 resolution display shows the contents quite well but your HD videos of resolutions 1280×720 and 1920×1080 will be downscaled (Some quality loss in your video content but it really does not matter as what i feel).
- IPS LCD with One Glass Solution technology that gives you a thin layer of display. Which gives you good wide angle views and now your display will look more closer o the surface.
How the world looks to XOLO Q700 :
- It has an eye of 5 Megapixels BSI sensor (Also used in HTC Evo 4G) packed camera and lighten by an LED flash.
Back-illuminated sensor, also known as backside illumination (BSI or BI) sensor is a type of digital image sensor that uses a novel arrangement of the imaging elements to increase the amount of light captured and thereby improve low-light performance.
- It’s like a normal camera only, don’t think that something special is there inside just because of the new name(BSI sensor) came into sight.
- 5 MP pimary camera at this price is not bad at all as compared to other features.
- Auto focus enabled with tap to focus feature.
- And even with the front facing VGA camera you can still stay closer to your loved ones by making video calls.
Lets see what’s inside :
- As in a budget android phone if will be getting a Cortex A7 Quad core then it’s really good (Not bad at all).
- XOLO Q700 is installed with 1 GB of RAM which will give the user a really good multitasking experience.
- Although the internal storage is $ GB but a user can enjoy only 2.6 GB of storage out of the device.
As claimed in the official reference link XOLO Q700 has one MTK6589W-M and the PowerVR SGX544 GPU is running @ 238 MHz.
But on the other hand i have seen one XOLO Q700 box in which it is clearly printed that it has MTK6589M Mediatek SoC chipset.
So, what’s wrong with this or how does it matter to me???
MTK6589M’s GPU, that is the PowerVR SGX544 is Clockd @ 156 MHz frequency.
So your phone can record videos of 720p(1280×720) resolution only and it can’t record 1080p(1920×1080) resolution videos even if you claim that you have a quad core cpu and a good GPU.
That means your phone will not be that great while drawing graphics contents.
Here is the link that shows the MTK6589M specs and it’s clearly mentioned that PowerVR SGX544 GPU is running @ 156 MHz.
The author has referred the following links while preparing this blog post:
Stay tuned to get the latest information.