It was already on the web for a little while now that Cortana would be coming to Android and iOS, and word had it the Android version would be arriving toward the end of this month. But in a recent blog post by Windows where it has stated that Cortana for Android is delayed till July:
“Starting in July, the beta of the Cortana app for Android Phones will be available to test as a companion to Windows 10 PCs”
Cortana is there to connect your worlds and works for you across your devices, in ways that are specially tuned for the device you’re on, whether it’s your Windows 10 PC, tablet, or phone; your Xbox; or your iPhone or Android phone. Regardless of the operating systems you choose across your devices, everything important to you should roam across the products you already own.
- Your Microsoft account helps keep your personal assistant connected to you across device experiences, whether on your PC, phone or Xbox One. Cortana’s Notebook will be available across your devices to keep track of details important to you. Cortana only knows what you want her to know and you are fully in control of how you use her across devices.
- On Xbox One, Cortana knows your friends and makes it easy to invite them to play with you through simple voice commands. If you want to record and share a clip of your game play, you can use Cortana to precisely control the length of the recording and quickly share it with your friends without leaving your game. Cortana will also help you find information about games, such as the release date of an upcoming game, or help you get achievements by surfacing videos and information to help you succeed.
- On your Android phone you can ask Cortana to remind you to walk the dog at 8pm in the evening, and then when you’re watching a movie your Xbox will interrupt playback to let you know it’s time to take the dog out.
- You can ask Cortana questions and she’ll give you answers, using the same natural language, regardless of which device you’re on. Want to know the weather tomorrow? Just ask Cortana from any device.
- Cortana can help you search for what matters most on the device you’re using. On your Windows PC, you can use natural language to ask Cortana to help you find recent documents and pictures. On your Xbox One, you can use natural language to ask Cortana to find a friend online or record a game DVR clip.
Cortana for Windows 10, for Xbox One, for Android phone, and for iPhone connect the world’s only personal digital assistant together across the devices you own and use, right there to buzz you for reminders, answer your questions, and be your personal helper.