HTC Desire 510 CyanogenMod 12.1 (Lollipop) is a custom ROM and an unofficial CyanogenMod build by developer r3pwn. This custom ROM is not yet ready for flaw less daily use, but most of the features are working. Still the choice is yours to flash this on your phone.
Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your device, which will VOID your warranty and delete all your data.
Please visit the Disclaimer page below to agree with the risks involved and proceed before flashing this ROM to your phone: ROM DISCLAIMER LINK
– Turning WiFi off causes a reboot
– Activating Airplane Mode causes a reboot
– It seems that cellular data is not working
– Camera is not working
– When WiFi is on, the phone randomly reboots (seems to be a Cricket thing)
– FM Radio
– WiFi (please note the issues listed above)
Before you start the flashing!!!
Make sure that you have a custom recovery installed on your HTC Desire 510.
If you don’t have a custom recovery, then go to the following link: HTC Desire 510 TWRP recovery
– ROM download link
– Google Apps flashable zip download link
Flashing HTC Desire 510 CyanogenMod 12.1, Lollipop ROM:
The flashing procedure is based on the S-On or S-Off on your phone.
If you don’t know what this means, then you’re S-ON, so follow the procedures accordingly.
If you’re S-ON
- Download the ROM zip to your computer.
- Extract the “boot.img” from the zip file.
- Put the zip file on your device and flash it in TWRP.
- Reboot the device to fastboot mode and, on your computer, flash the boot image that you extracted, to your device by issuing the command “fastboot flash boot boot.img”
- Then Reboot normally and enjoy the CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM.
If you’re S-OFF
- Download the CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM file and copy the .zip file to your phone.
- Put your phone to recovery mode.
- Select the install from sdcard option and select the ROM file’s location to be flashed.
The flashing will take a while. When it will be done you just reboot your system and enjoy the CyanogenMod 12.1 Android Lollipop experience on your HTC Desire 510.
Stay tuned to InfySim Tech to get more updates