Samsung has finally launched the Galaxy Note5 Dual SIM (SM-N9208), a high-end Dual SIM variant of its flagship Galaxy Note5 smartphone in India. The Galaxy Note5 Dual SIM was first launched in Taiwan and was launched in Asian countries like Malaysia and Philippines later. It has two nano SIM card slots, but these are not hybrid SIM card slots like the Galaxy A series, so you can’t use the secondary SIM slot as a microSD expansion slot.
Samsung Galaxy Note5 Dual SIM specifications
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) (518ppi) Super AMOLED curved dual edge display
- Octa-Core (Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) 64 bit, 14nm Exynos 7420 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal memory
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual (nano) SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS, f/1.9 aperture, 4K(UHD) video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Dimensions: 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm, Weight: 171g
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, ANT+, NFC
- 3000mAh battery, Fast Charging (wired and wireless)
The Samsung Galaxy Note5 Dual SIM comes in Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum and Silver Titanium colors and is priced at Rs. 51,400 in India for the 32GB variant, which is already available for purchase from the official Samsung India eStore in the country. The 64GB variant is priced at Rs. 57,400 and will be available soon. Check out our Samsung Galaxy Note5 review if you are planning to get the smartphone.
When asked about the demand of Note5 Dual SIM variant, Manu Sharma, director-product marketing at Samsung India, said:
Most of the Dual-SIM smartphones come in between Rs 15000 to 30000 and we believe most of the premium phone users want a dual-SIM enabled phone which we are delivering with the NOTE5 Dual SIM phone.