Simmtronics XPAD X1010 tablet features and review .
- 1.2 GHz Cortex-A8 (Allwinner A13) Processor.
- 10.1 inch TFT LCD Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Android v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS.
- Expandable Storage Capacity of 32 GB.
- 0.3 MP Front Camera.
- 2160p Video Player (Plays almost all videos of almost all resolutions with no lagging).
Hardware Specifications and In the box contents :
The Simmtronics Xpad X1010 tablet was launched at a price of 8449 INR, and now the price is 7799 INR (flipkart.com price).
So definitely at this price level you are not going to get the best experience but you will get some of the best features.
Here goes the hardware specifications :
- DISPLAY: 10.1 inch TFT LCD Capacitive Touchscreen (1024 x 600 pixels).
- CPU: Allwinner A13 1.2 GHz Cortex-A8.
- RAM: 1 GB DDR3.
- STORAGE: 8 GB (Around 5 to 6 GB user usable) TLC NAND Flash storage.
- GRAPHICS: Dual Mali-400.
- CAMERA: 0.3 MP front camera only.
- H/W INTERFACE: 1 microUSB 2.0 port, 1 microUSB on-the-go port, 1 HDMI port and a 3.5mm audio jack.
- NETWORKING INTERFACE: 3G (Using USB dongle), 802.11b/g/n wireless.
- BATTERY: 5600 mAh Lithium – Polymer.
In box contents :
- USB Female Cable (on-the-go).
- Data Cable.
- Warranty card and User manual.
Initially i gave a 2 star to this device in an review in flipkart.com.
Because of my expectations and the performance outcome of this device.
Later on i came across some more devices from Micromax and Karbonn and some more things i have explored regarding this device.
So my revised review comments for this device is as follows:
- Good battery life for normal day-to-day usage.
- Obviously the larger display.
- The in-built 2160p video player.
- USB on-the-go availability.
I am writing this review from the point of view that with less price comes less features…
People say that the display looks very dull and the touch response is not that good and so on… ONLY COMPLAINTS.
Honestly saying, please be specific to your needs. I mean at first please define what you need in total out of a product.
As many as persons as many as likes and dislikes.
you will find There are so many devices around, that they cannot satisfy each and every user.
Having said that, keep in mind that this device also can attract a limited users.
So read this blog post carefully to find out whether this device is for you or not.
- This device has a 5600 mAh battery so it withstands for a longer period against the normal usage like: document viewing, some video watching, some game playing and some browsing.
- The built-in 2160p video player is really awesome.
It can play almost every video codec and without any lag.
With the lowest available brightness i completed watching 2 movies (Dark knight rises 720p HD and Limitless DVD rip) and found 50% battery left.
- The USB on-the-go supports low power devices. I have checked connecting mouse, keyboard and USB storage device.
Works pretty good.
- With the pre-rooted option you can customize the cpu frequency levels and cpu governor as per your need.
For example if you wish to play a game so definitely you will need more processing.
So you can increase the lower frequency level of the CPU and/or you can change the CPU governor to performance(Using some third party applications or the command line).
- Poor in performance (But you can upgrade the device to 4.1.1 [UNOFFICIALLY] to get good performance).
- Poor build quality (The battery touches the Display inside the device).
- There is no heat sink at the top of the CPU.
- No further OFFICIAL updates.
- Poor service.
If your needs are satisfied by the features mentioned in the Advantages section then i feel at this price tag the following Disadvantages are hardly matters (At least for me).
- The device is not running at 1.2GHz.
The device has provision to run @ 1.448GHz but it comes with a cpu core speed of 1008MHz i.e 1.008GHz.
This device comes pre-rooted so u can install some third party free apps from PLAY STORE to overclock the speed and cpu governor to get proper performance.
- People say that the touch response is not that good.
Yes of course i agree with this but the poor response is not a fault of the touch screen rather it is a fault of the processing of the device.
Honestly saying, i have noticed this device very responsive when i updated this to 4.1.1 [UNOFFICIALLY].
- I opened the device’s back plastic and found that it has really very poor build quality.
The PCB is simply hanging over the display and the battery is also lying on the display only.
There is no such provision built in the plastic case to keep the battery and the some part of the PCB.
There is no such heat sink provided over the Processor core to absorb the dissipated heat of processor core although there is a provision provided in the PCB to put one heat sink.
- Definitely you are not going to get any further OFFICIAL updates (That’s what the author feels.), because Simmtronics is not the real manufacturer of this device.
- I broke my device and called the customer service center @ bangalore and the worst part is…
they told that u are the first customer so we hav to confirm for the service from SIMMTRONICS and after that i didn’t get a call from them.
The author has referred the following links while preparing this blog post:
Stay tuned to get the latest information.